Leadership Team Meeting
November 3, 2018
We began with prayer.
Fr. Matias reminded us that part of the reason we get together is that there is always room for improvement. It is not good to get comfortable with all that is going on in the parish.
Fr. Maximo gave a brief teaching on the quality of Leadership. He quoted, This generation of Christians are responsible for this generation of people. In a way this is an unseen responsibility – one that is easily forgotten.
What is important is to have an open heart, one attuned to reaching out.
We should foster leadership at ALL levels. This multiplies effectiveness and efforts. And what you heard from me through many witnesses entrust to faithful people who will have the ability to teach others as well. 2 Timothy 2:2
Be intentional in working with emerging leaders. Here are some steps to fostering leadership:
- Spot a leaders’ potential
- Prayerfulness, spirituality
- Do they influence others?
- Do they have the character of a Christian, teachability?
- People skills
- Drive, passion, doers
- Invest in emerging leaders with time, energy and resources
- Entrust them with responsibility – true leaders want that.
On January 9, the Newman Center is sponsoring a Conference on Leadership to be given by Pat Casey. The conference is entitled: Leadership, Teamwork, Discipline and will be held in Austin Hall Auditorium on OSU campus.
It was pointed out that our Library is underutilized. We were encouraged to promote use of the library within different groups. Also there is a need for more signage for the Library.
Sunday Social is in need of more help; there is a definite lack of volunteers especially cleaning up. Lauren proposed sending out a calendar of dates for the Sunday Social and asking each ministry to choose a month and then garner individual help. Help is most needed from 10:45-11:30 a.m.
- There will be a booklet of daily meditations
- We would like to provide a gift list of books
- We may suggest a book to be read during the Christmas season
- We may put out some of our “leftover” books for folks to take at the Christmas Masses
Some Other Upcoming Events:
November 17-18: CDA Bazaar, USH
December 2: Advent Fair, Parish Center
December 7-8: Feast of Immaculate Conception; Mass times 7 p.m. vigil, 8 a.m., 12:15 p.m.
December 8: Advent Mini-Retreat, USH
December 12: Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe: 5 a.m. Mananitas; 6 p.m. Mass (it will be the only Mass
celebrated that day); dinner after in the parish center